As a mechanical heart valve recipient, you know the importance of taking a blood thinner like warfarin to prevent the risk of blood clots forming on the valve. People taking warfarin should be monitored regularly, according to their physician’s recommendations, to confirm how quickly their blood is clotting. For some, the frequent trips to the lab for blood tests are both inconvenient and stressful. Did you know there is another option?
Monitoring your INR with Acelis Connected Health* enables you get your results at home, or wherever it’s convenient for you. With remote INR monitoring, your test results are available immediately, so you know if you are within your physician’s prescribed therapeutic range.
*Available in the US only.
to Be You
Remote INR monitoring with patient self-testing with Acelis Connected Health has been shown to provide significant benefits to people using warfarin. We think you might be interested in some relevant studies.
Improved Therapy Quality and Decreased Adverse Events
The reasons even go beyond gaining the freedom to test where and when it’s convenient. It has been shown that self-monitoring by patients can improve the quality of oral anticoagulation therapy compared to standard monitoring.1 Studies also indicate that patients spend more time within the therapeutic range with self-monitoring, resulting in decreases in health conditions that can lead to a stroke with no increase in other harm.2 And it has been shown to promote high levels of quality of life and satisfaction with their therapy, compared to Usual Care.3
Get Started Today!
PERFORMING A TEST
3 Easy Steps to Performing a Test
A qualified trainer from Acelis Connected Health can show you how to test yourself.
DRAW A SMALL DROP OF BLOOD
with a single fingerstick.
TEST YOUR BLOOD
using the INR meter we provide.
REPORT YOUR RESULTS
in seconds using one of the following:
1. Our ACH HealthCheck app for phones and tablets, which also makes it easy to receive reminders and other communications from your doctor.
2. Our online portal.
3. Our automated phone system.
Your doctor will be notified as soon as your results arrive.
We’re here for you.
- 1: Self-monitoring and self-management of oral anticoagulation. Heneghan CJ, Garcia-Alamino JM, Spencer EA, Ward AM, Perera R, Bankhead C, Alonso-Coello P, Fitzmaurice D, Mahtani KR, Onakpoya IJ
- 2: 08521 – TMI TTR Analysis 2018 v1, 08521 TMI TTR Analysis 2018 v2 07232019 RE Claim
- 3: Effect of Home Testing of International Normalized Ratio on Clinical Events. David B. Matchar, M.D., Alan Jacobson, M.D.,Rowena Dolor, M.D., M.H.S., Robert Edson, M.A., Lauren Uyeda, M.A.,
- 4: Internal ACH data
- 5: Meta-Analysis to Assess the Quality of Warfarin Control in Atrial Fibrillation Patients in the United States. William L. Baker, PharmD, BCPS; Deborah A. Cios, PharmD; Stephen D. Sander, PharmD; and Craig I. Coleman, PharmD
Are You a Good Candidate for Acelis Connected Health?
If you are taking warfarin (or a brand of warfarin such as Coumadin®) and plan to be on it for one year or more, chances are you are good candidate for Acelis Connected Health, the nation’s premier home monitoring service. If you can answer “yes” to most of the questions below, the ease and convenience of home monitoring may be in your future.
Do you take warfarin or a brand of warfarin such as Coumadin®?
Do you travel to a lab or doctor’s office to test your INR?
Do you want to have more control over when and where you test your INR levels?
Is getting to the lab or your doctor’s office for testing inconvenient?
Do you travel or have a busy schedule?
Do you have difficulty providing a blood sample from a vein?
CUSTOMER SUPPORT PROGRAM
Unrivaled Service, Amazing Results
As a member of Acelis Connected Health you are automatically enrolled in our Customer Support Program. This comprehensive program provides unparalleled customer service to all our customers ensuring every test is accurately performed and reported.