Get Out and Play - Bowling
By: Alere Staff
Did you know that bowling is considered one of the most popular family activities around the world today?1 It is also a great way to stay healthy and fit. People of all ages can participate and benefit from this gentle but effective aerobic exercise. Bowling improves your health in the following ways:
It is very important to be comfortable when bowling. Make sure you have a properly fitting bowling shoe with good support. Wear loose fitting clothing. Choose the appropriate ball weight and remember the weight of the ball you used 20 years ago may not work for you now. You may want to use wrist supports to strengthen your grip. Also, don’t forget to do some stretching and bending exercises before you take that first walk down the lane to prevent an unwanted injury.1 And most importantly, have fun!
Interested in staying active? Check out these similar articles:
- Namaste: Yoga and Your Heart
- Exercise and Physical Activity
- Inactivity and Your Risk of Stroke
- Fido Becoming a Heart’s Best Friend
- Travel Series: Traveling on Warfarin
- 2015. Health Benefits of Bowling. Help With Bowling. Retrieved April 28, 2015 from website: http://helpwithbowling.com/bowling-health-benefits.php.
- Laurenhue, K. Lifestyle Choices – Socialization. Alzheimer’s Prevention. Retrieved April 28, 2015 from website: http://alzprevention.org/lifestyle-choices-about-socialization.php.