Airborne® supplements and Warfarin
By: Alere Staff
The Airborne® dietary supplement is marketed to boost one’s immune system. At the recommended dosage on the package, an adult is not to exceed taking 3 tablets per day.1 Even at a short duration, the Airborne® dietary supplement exceeds the Food and Nutrition Board at the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies recommended daily allowance (RDA) for three important vitamins:
- Vitamin A – 6,000 IUs contained in 3 tablets1, with an RDA of only 5,000 IUs2
- Vitamin C – 3,000 mgs contained in 3 tablets1, with an RDA of only 60 mgs2
- Vitamin E – 90 IUs contained in 3 tablets1, with an RDA of only 30 IUs2
Vitamins in high concentrations can have an effect on your INR. Even if taken periodically, the Airborne® supplement ingredients can interact with your medication. In addition to the vitamins A, C and E, Airborne® supplements also contains 7 herbal extracts,which could interact with warfarin medication. As with all dietary supplements, you should not start or stop Airborne® supplements without first consulting with your doctor.
- Airborne® supplement Effervescence packaging.
- Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. Dietary Reference Intakes: Guiding Principles for Nutrition Labeling and Fortification. 2003.